Migrated available data on client's server to Azure
- The client has dev servers, staging servers, production servers, and database servers on-premise. They wanted the whole setup to be migrated to Azure. Dev, Staging, Production WEB and DB servers.
- Needed the new setup to have high availability as well as ready for disaster recovery.
- Deployed the application to app-service in Azure (PaaS) using the PowerShell scripts
- Took the backup of the on-premise database and restored it to Azure SQL Database.
- Performed disaster recovery procedures on the database and made the database available in different regions through geo-replication.
- Performed continuous integration and deployment to different environments in the Azure Cloud.
- Managed the application’s traffic by using traffic manager in Azure.
Tools & Technologies
- An application with high availability even during peak time.
- Automatic failover is available for the database in case of any disaster.
- No manual setup and monitoring of the servers required as the same is handled by Azure.
- The client can monitor both the web and DB server status in Azure.
- The application’s load is balanced by the traffic manager.