Inflight entertainment provider adopted a common analytics vision to maximize the value from data
- GEE, a major global in-flight entertainment provider, had been through 25+ major business acquisition globally during the previous 8 years. GEE became mired in too much data resident in too many silo applications and not enough insight. Business users are reproduced their own version of data to conduct day to day operation. Data discrepancy became critical issue across enterprise. Even a simple business question could take weeks or months to answer. This disconnected organizational structure meant that data and insights were not shared nor trusted across business units and many efforts were duplicated and turned failure.
- The company’s leaders recognized that insights gleaned from big data could help build competitive advantages and a more efficient cost structure. They asked for Innova’s support as organization developed a pragmatic, repeatable way to streamline their analytic processes and gain more value from their data and investment.
- Project leaders started by aligning the company’s leadership under a common analytics vision. Rather than recommend a massive analytics project that would change how the entire company:
- The team selected a small number of pilot projects that could demonstrate the potential value of the new analytics vision on a small scale. This approach was lower-risk and enabled the sharing of experience and knowledge that could be transferred to larger projects in the future.
Tools & Technologies
- Executive, Board, and Operational Management Dashboards delivered real-time on any device
- Data Quality – Reliable, Timely, Curated Data to make better business decisions faster and reliably
- Innova’s Managed Services – On-Shore/Off-Shore 24×7, Skilled, Reliable Cost Effective