Intelligent Workforce Management Solution
The Client faced significant challenges in efficiently processing inventory requests within their Quench Inventory system. The primary pain points included:
- Manual Processing. Transferring stocks between warehouses, whether serialized or non-serialized, required a substantial amount of manual effort and time.
- Salesforce Instability. The client’s interaction with the Salesforce environment was unstable, leading o operational disruptions.
- SLA Compliance. The instability of the environment made it difficult to segregate the process flow into shipping or non-shipping based on shipment type, leading to difficulties in meeting SLAs.
To address these challenges, we devised a comprehensive solution:
- Workflow Management (WLM): Implemented a Workflow Management system to streamline and automate the inventory processing tasks, ensuring they were completed within the specified time frame.
- Dynamic Variable Handling: Developed a dynamic variable approach to handle the instability of the Salesforce environment. This allowed the system to adapt to changes and disruptions, ensuring smoother operations.
- Reusable Salesforce Login Code: Created reusable code for SF login that could be used for multiple attempts. This improved the system’s resilience and reduced the impact of intermitted SF issues.
- Validation Mechanism: Implemented a validation mechanism to determine whether inventory items were serialized or non-serialized based on parts order numbers or serial numbers. This ensured accurate processing and routing of inventory items.
Tools & Technologies
The implementation of these solutions resulted in significant improvements for the Client:
- Increased Production Output. The automation and optimization of inventory processing led to a substantial increase in production output. Tasks the previously required manual intervention were now completed efficiently.
- Consistent Quality. With improved processes and error documentation, the quality of production increased consistently. Errors were identified and resolved promptly, reducing disruptions in operations.
- Error Logging and Documentation: Implemented an error logging system that captured errors along with relevant images and timestamps. This documentation not only helped in resolving issues quickly but also provided insights for process improvement.