Implemented CI/CD pipeline to deploy the services to Kubernetes
- The client has many customers whose services need to be deployed in Kubernetes in isolation.
- The client required CI/CD pipeline to deploy their services to Kubernetes immediately after a check-in.
- The client required notifications if the CI/CD pipeline faced failures.
- Needed the best approach for the management of sensitive data used by applications.
- The Kubernetes clusters should be monitored for any changes.
- Integration testing between the microservices.
- Created multiple clusters based on the type of customer, and maintained separate clusters for the production environment.
- Used Jenkins for CI/CD to build, push and deploy Docker images to respective Docker registries and Kubernetes cluster.
- Used Datadog as a monitoring tool and passed alerts via slack & mails.
- Used secrets in Kubernetes to handle sensitive data.
- Used pact-broker for integration testing for microservices.
- Isolated Kubernetes clusters and secrets were isolated using different namespaces in Kubernetes.
Tools & Technologies
- Single click deployments to Kubernetes cluster.
- 24 * 7 monitoring for Kubernetes clusters using Datadog.
- Immediate notifications via emails and Slack alerts of the Jenkins pipelines face failures.
- With consumer-driven contract testing (Pact Broker), integration testing became easy.