Ensuring 50% reduction in global ITSM support system costs for a major media company
- The media company had disparate ticket systems, supported by multiple groups scattered across the globe, and needed to standardize all on ServiceNow.
- Different groups required many custom integrations and capabilities to be ported – and supported – from their legacy systems into ServiceNow.
- Although a significant effort was expended to migrate off legacy ticket systems onto a unified ServiceNow platform, no single organization had the capability to rapidly-downsize existing support resources and ramp-up new capabilities to support ServiceNow.
- Innova emplaced an onsite Technical Lead to manage an offshore DevOps team of ServiceNow Application Support specialists and Application Developers to provide flexibility and scalability at low cost.
- Two ServiceNow instances were created to ensure bifurcation between non-production and production workloads.
- Innova support team ensures all custom objects, scripts, and integrations are tested and released according to the customer’s Change Management policies.
- Innova DevOps support team practices Kanban to handle both enhancements and bugfixes as well as incidents and Service Requests for the global ServiceNow platform.
Tools & Technologies
- Centralized Innova team handles all support requests globally.
- The media major realized over 50% reduction in global ITSM system support costs.
- Service request fulfillment time for standard items dropped by over 50%.
- Rigorous pre-production testing of scheduled changes ensures increased platform availability for global end-users while also providing consistent and rapid releases.
- Innova Application Development team specialists support standard bi-annual ServiceNow platform upgrade cadence for customer custom objects, scripts, and integrations.