Enhanced application's performance
- The client wanted to automate the maintenance and tracking process of the jobs received by various telecom service providers like Comcast.
- The client had the following web applications to perform a tracking function:
- Manage Drops to track the jobs/drops.
- Drops Accounting to track the payment of contractors and technicians.
- Serviceability Whiteboard to maintain serviceability requests.
- Tech Data 3, Phone Gap, serviceability handheld mobile app.
- BMC Remedy for incident and change management
- The client needed to test the above-mentioned applications and add new functionalities.
- They also want to generate reports, schedule in SAP Central Management Console and add functionalities in BMC Remedy System such as fleet, incident and change management.
- Implemented new functionalities in Manage Drops including job history log, invoice processing, file upload, and display.
- Performed refactoring and fixed bugs in all of the existing applications.
- Re-designed the Drops Accounting app using the latest technologies, including bootstrap, to make it responsive and user-friendly.
- Developed Web APIs for the Phone gap app and integrated it with the serviceability web application.
- Enhanced the BMC Remedy app, migrated the data in the system and provided administrative services for the same.
- Built reports and scheduled those in SAP CMC.
Tools & Technologies
- Ease in providing service to the customers
- Easy tracking of jobs/tickets
- Increased performance of the application achieved by refactoring
- Management reports to improve strategic decision making
- Responsive design to improve user experience