Accelerated integration of new sources in less than 17 days
- Automate and integrate the billing business processes across the enterprise into a single billing platform.
- Solution should be reusable for other data sources and microservices.
- Move the embedded business rules from the database to the central application layer.
- Current pre-billing functions was replaced with reusable REST services hosted in AWS cloud and accessible through RESTful APIs with abstract common data format.
- Existing business rules were moved from database to the application layer for new services.
- Adopting the disturbed deployment of API instead of deploying into one Ec2 machine helped increase the performance and reduce the risk of server and JVM crash issues.
- Implemented Drool cache to enhance the drool engine performance by reducing the number of hit to rule engine from API.
Tools & Technologies
- Accelerated integration of new sources in less than 17 days from requirements to go-live.
- Scalable: It running on the cloud, the platform can easily scale as the volume of data and data sources increased.
- Failover mechanism: It gives the API ability to restart the process from the point the processing is dropped due to some exception.
- Reusable: adopting the multi module architecture in API-2 and integrating other source make it reusable while also reducing QA efforts as only the newly added data source needs to be tested.