Achieved 2.4X increase in market share for an insurance company by automating their document capture process
- Customer wanted to automate document capture process for their insurance agents on ground, perform OCR on central server, perform data comparison with KYC docs and share results with downstream systems.
- Analyzed the list of applications currently active in Sybase, identified dependencies and performed impact analysis.
- Manual intervention run book was created as part of factory model to identify the exact changes and code block for further changes.
- Analyzed the .NET and VB apps and converted them to be compatible with Oracle; performed integration testing and automated validation using custom applications & ETL jobs.
- Utilized data migration accelerator for extraction, transformation and loading of data from Sybase to Oracle with added functionality of notifications, fail over and auditing mechanism.
- Migrated data stage jobs and webFOCUS reports from Sybase to Oracle.
- Implemented CI/CD for deployments across various environments and validating the applications.
Tools & Technologies
- Designed mobile apps for iOS & Android Reduced the document processing, retrieval and management time for new policies and renewals by about 30%.
- Achieved Over 85% of data accuracy in extracting data from documents using OCR (including poorly scanned documents).
- The implementation has improved traction, client engagement while enhancing the customer’s ability to cross-sell solutions.
- The ability of the system to capture queries, complaints or requests from customers across various channels has substantially improved customer satisfaction.
- The market share of the customer is projected to increase to 2.5X in 2 years.