Capturing and monitoring patient health status with minimal human intervention
- The client needed a product to monitor/capture patient health status and share with a physician on a real-time basis with minimal human intervention.
- The client required a secure communication channel between patients and physicians to address acute care.
- The client requested configuration through which the physician would be able to set specific thresholds for a high-risk patient and monitor them closely.
- Built a patient app that can connect to an Apple watch/health band to pull relevant medical real-time information.
- Emotional impedance values were gathered using a galvanic skin response sensor on a wearable along with body temperature readings.
- Built a physician app to receive patient medical information securely.
- The new application provides instant notifications via APNS to the physicians about threshold breach and patient connectivity.
- Built a secure messaging platform with the application for faster communication between patients and physicians.
Tools & Technologies
- The physician can now set specific thresholds against a patient and monitor them closely.
- The patient app was built with a factory pattern to incorporate different wearable devices with minimal changes in the code.
- Middleware was built with generic messaging independent of the wearable device. APNS was used to notify the physician on threshold breach and patient connectivity.
- Notification when a patient is not connected to any wearable devices and any similar abnormalities.